EconoDrain® is a complete, pre-engineered expanded polystyrene (EPS) foam trench drain forming system. The system includes EPS formers defining the trench width and slope plus an anchored grate frame and standard cast grates having H20 (H25 for designated grates) load capability. The system is complemented by both In-Line catch basin and 24" x 24" catch basin assemblies. The EconoDrain® system is designed for maximum versatility and easy installation. These aspects, combined with its stark simplicity (only three components to install, no specialized tools required) and cost efficiency, make the EconoDrain® system an excellent choice for managing the issue of site drainage.
Additional features include:
EPS Trench Formers
- Standard trench slope of 0.5% [1/2” of fall per eight (8) feet of run].
- Standard trench widths (inside trench diameter) of 4”, 6”, 8”, 12”, 18” and 24”.
- Standard EPS former length is 8’.
- Interlocking EPS formers provide additional stability of system during concrete pouring operations.
- Standard trench geometry includes a hydraulically efficient radius bottom or an optional square bottom.
- System versatility includes custom slopes and trench widths.
- EPS Intersection kits make T’s and L’s fast and easy to install.
- Pigmented form release helps assure overall and complete coverage.
- Design facilitates easy and quick form striping. Deep channel form stabilization assures form stability for deep section trenches.
- Pipe installation is quick and easy at outfall or outlet locations. Horizontal, vertical or in-between pipe outlets can be made anywhere along the EPS former length unlike other fixed outlet point systems requiring difficult and expensive stubbing and fabrication to match pipe to a fixed point.
- EPS foam formers can be factory cut or easily field cut, by the contractor, to fit project specifications or make field alterations which are necessary from time to time.
- Component breakage, associated with polymer concrete systems, is eliminated.
- Standard finish is black. Galvanized and Stainless Steel are optional.
- Grate frames shipped assembled with welded spacer rods minimizing site assembly and setup. Spacer rods assure accurate frame width dimension and co-planar geometry.
- Anchor stands facilitate quick setup, permits easy grade adjustments, resist flotation forces and secure the grate frame, in addition to weld studs, into the surrounding concrete.
- Standard grate frame length is 8’. Lengths of 2’ & 4’ are available.
- Steel Grate Frames can be factory cut or easily field cut, by the contractor, to fit project specifications or make field alterations which are necessary from time to time.
- Standard grates are cast grates capable of H20 load conditions or H25 for designated grates.
- Standard grate finish is Black. Hot dipped galvanized finish is optional.
- Stainless Steel bar grates are available for the #6, #8, and #12 EconoDrain system.
- ADA conforming grates are available.
- Single point lockdown bolt/bar locking device secures the grate to the grate frame.
- Both In-Line and square catch basins available providing a complete system.
- Catch Basins install using same procedures and materials as the trench drain.
- Catch Basin debris strainers are an available option.
- Available in Standard and Custom trench widths, depths and slopes.
- Catch Basins available for complete system.
- Continually sloped trench runs from 288’ up to 336’ are achievable. A center catch basin layout effectively doubles this distance.
- 8’ Interlocking EPS formers enhance stability and speed installation.
- Grate frame anchor stands provide quick easy grade adjustments.
- EPS former design installs and strips quickly after the concrete pour.
- EconoDrain can be installed in a fraction of the time required to install conventional form-and-pour trenches or pre-cast polymer concrete trench systems.
- Unlike other systems — EconoDrain® installs in one pour.
- Only 3 components — EPS Former, Grate Frame & Grate
- No special tools or installation devices required.
- Outlet connections at any angle.
- Patented rebar installation/leveling system
- Welded Grate Frame spacers
- Pre-sloped interlocking formers
- Deep channel form stabilization.
- Cost efficiency realized in purchase cost and installation labor and time.
- EconoDrain® is always installed with a grate frame thus eliminating surface spall and load impact damage experienced with polymer concrete inlay channel layouts.
- EconoDrain® standard grate is H20 capable in both slotted and ADA configurations.