EconoDrain PT-3™ is a complete pre-engineered trench drain forming system combining the features and advantages of our heavy duty EconoDrain® series with added load-carrying capability necessary for airports, seaports and intermodal facilities. The system includes EPS formers for both 8" and 12" trench widths plus an anchored grate frame and standard cast grates capable of FAA and extended service load capability. The grate frame and grate incorporate a 3-bolt lockdown design firmly securing the grate to the frame. The system is complemented by both In-Line catch basin and 24" x 24" catch basin assemblies. The PT-3™ system, for all its added durability, loses none of the simplicity and economy of the original EconoDrain® system, and it’s designed to fulfill any and all industrial site drainage needs.
Additional features include:
EPS Trench Formers
- Standard trench slope of 0.5% [1/2” of fall per eight (8) feet of run].
- Standard trench widths (inside trench diameter) of 8” and 12”.
- Standard EPS former length is 8’.
- Interlocking EPS formers provide additional stability of system during concrete pouring operations.
- Standard trench geometry includes a hydraulically efficient radius bottom or an optional square bottom.
- System versatility includes custom slopes.
- EPS Intersection kits make T’s and L’s fast and easy to install.
- Pigmented form release helps assure overall and complete coverage.
- Design facilitates easy and quick form striping. Deep channel form stabilization assures form stability for deep section trenches.
- Pipe installation is quick and easy at outfall or outlet locations. Horizontal, vertical or in-between pipe outlets can be made anywhere along the EPS former length unlike other fixed outlet point systems requiring difficult and expensive stubbing and fabrication to match pipe to a fixed point.
- EPS foam formers can be factory cut or easily field cut, by the contractor, to fit project specifications or make field alterations which are necessary from time to time.
- Standard finish is black. Galvanized and Stainless Steel are optional.
- Grate frames shipped assembled with welded spacer rods and 3-bolt lockdown inserts in place minimizing site assembly and setup. Spacer rods assure accurate frame width dimension and co-planar geometry.
- Anchor stands facilitate quick setup, permits easy grade adjustments, resist flotation forces and secure the grate frame, in addition to weld studs, into the surrounding concrete.
- Standard grate frame length is 8’. Lengths of 2’ & 4’ are available.
- Steel Grate Frames can be factory cut or easily field cut, by the contractor, to fit project specifications or make field alterations which are necessary from time to time.
- Standard grates are cast grates capable of FAA AC 150 5320-6D load conditions.
- Standard grate finish is Uncoated. Black paint or Hot dipped galvanized finish is optional.
- The grate is secured to the frame by a 3-bolt lockdown pattern.
- Both In-Line and square catch basins available providing a complete system.
- Catch Basins install using same procedures and materials as the trench drain.
- Catch Basin debris strainers are an available option.