Alfa Channel® is a modular, pre-cast, pre-engineered polymer concrete (PC) trench drain system that has an interior channel width of 4". The system includes 30 sloped channel sections of 1m (3.27') each with a built-in slope of 0.6%. The system also includes 5 additional neutral or non-sloping channels that may be inserted for additional trench length. A variety of gratings and covers provide load capabilities from pedestrian up to large aircraft and severe point loads. The system is complemented by both In-Line catch basin and 12" x 19" modular catch basin assemblies. The modular design of the Alfa Channel system provides true on-site adaptability and cuts down overall project costs by reducing excess materials.
Polymer Concrete (PC) features:
Compared with Portland Cement Concrete (PCC)
- PC trench drain resist attack for many acid and dilute alkaline materials.
- PC Minimum compressive strength of 12,000 psi. [PCC 3,000 psi]
- PC Minimum tensile strength of 1,200 psi. [PCC 200 psi]
- PC Minimum Bending strength of 2,000 psi. [PCC 650 psi]
- PC maximum moisture absorption of 0.2%. [PCC 5%]
- PC freeze thaw cycles: 1,600 cycles — no weight loss. [PCC 750 cycles — 25% weight loss]
Polymer Concrete Channel features:
- 4” interior channel width, 0.6% Pre-sloped, radius bottom channel.
- A continually sloped channel run of 98’ is obtainable. A center catch basin layout effectively doubles this distance.
- Neutral, non-sloping, channels can be inserted at 5 locations to extend the overall trench length.
- Channel flow rates up to 380 gpm can be achieved (not including siteslab slope).
- Full length channel anchor ribs provide mechanical lock into surrounding concrete.
- Tongue and groove butt joints at channel joints assist in channel alignment.
- BlackDot polyethylene inserts provide fixture point for grate locking device.
- A variety of solid end caps or end caps with outlets are available.